Xenios Polis, as representative of the Mediterranean Immigration Network in Greece, undertook the organization of two-day works in Athens on 29-30 March 2018.
On the first day, presentations of good practices in the management of migratory and refugee issues were carried out by Greek and Cypriot institutions from:
• Μiltiadis Klapas (General Secretary of the Ministry for Migration Policy)
• Lefteris Papagiannakis (Municipality of Athens, Deputy Mayor for Immigrants and Refugees)
• Charalambos Vrasidas (Executive Director CARDET)
• Andreas Georgiou (Representative INNOVADE)
• Tzitzikou Sofia (President of the Hellenic National Committee UNICEF)
• Vassilis Bokolas (Director Xenios Polis)
• Vassi Leontari (Director Estia, Directorate of Programs and International Cooperation)
• Theodoros Fouskas (Scientific Associate EPLO)
• Edoardo Minerva (Programs Manager, Technical Cooperation Department EPLO)
• Kathleen Macdonell (Consultant & Coordinator, Deree – The American College of Greece)
• Constantinos Kyprianou (European Funds Unit, Ministry of Interior of Cyprus)
• Elena Fysentzou (European Funds Unit, Ministry of Interior of Cyprus)
• Natasa Economou (Civil Registry and Migration Department)
• Michalis Beys (Civil Registry and Migration Department)
• Joseph Varughese (Director NGO “Hope for Children” , CRC Policy Center)
• Pavlina Chatzitheodoulou-Loizidou (Head of Training Department, Cyprus Pedagogical Institute, Ministry of Education)
• Stavria Kamberi (Migration Information Centers).
On the second day visits were made to hosting facilities for migrants, refugees and unaccompanied minors.
• Asylum Seekers’ Housing Scheme
• Mosaico House
• Guest House Estia
• Greek Asylum Service – Ministry for Migration Policy.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.