Xenios Polis, as representative of the Mediterranean Immigration Network in Greece, undertook the organization of two-day works in Athens on 29-30 March 2018.
On the first day, presentations of good practices in the management of migratory and refugee issues were carried out by Greek and Cypriot institutions from:
• Μiltiadis Klapas (General Secretary of the Ministry for Migration Policy)
• Lefteris Papagiannakis (Municipality of Athens, Deputy Mayor for Immigrants and Refugees)
• Charalambos Vrasidas (Executive Director CARDET)
• Andreas Georgiou (Representative INNOVADE)
• Tzitzikou Sofia (President of the Hellenic National Committee UNICEF)
• Vassilis Bokolas (Director Xenios Polis)
• Vassi Leontari (Director Estia, Directorate of Programs and International Cooperation)
• Theodoros Fouskas (Scientific Associate EPLO)
• Edoardo Minerva (Programs Manager, Technical Cooperation Department EPLO)
• Kathleen Macdonell (Consultant & Coordinator, Deree – The American College of Greece)
• Constantinos Kyprianou (European Funds Unit, Ministry of Interior of Cyprus)
• Elena Fysentzou (European Funds Unit, Ministry of Interior of Cyprus)
• Natasa Economou (Civil Registry and Migration Department)
• Michalis Beys (Civil Registry and Migration Department)
• Joseph Varughese (Director NGO “Hope for Children” , CRC Policy Center)
• Pavlina Chatzitheodoulou-Loizidou (Head of Training Department, Cyprus Pedagogical Institute, Ministry of Education)
• Stavria Kamberi (Migration Information Centers).
On the second day visits were made to hosting facilities for migrants, refugees and unaccompanied minors.
• Asylum Seekers’ Housing Scheme
• Mosaico House
• Guest House Estia
• Greek Asylum Service – Ministry for Migration Policy.