«Xenios Polis» is a new, major and dynamic effort, founded in early 2016 and based on both the enthusiasm of young scientists and the support of recognized academic scholars.
The scientific concern and research as well as the organization of social welfare, education and culture programs constitute the general purpose of «Xenios Polis».Emphasis is primarily on issues concerning specific social groups information, training and support; these groups are steadily or occasionally characterized as socially sensitive and vulnerable.
In the heart of the actions there are the promotion of innovation and the functional integration of the opportunities offered by the Information and Communication Technologies.
«Xenios Polis» concerns are issues such as:
- vulnerable social groups
- social, educational and counseling support for children and adolescents
- adults education
- intercultural mediation and training
- support for democratic institutions
- digital media
- the media education (for students and parents)
- gender issues
- discrimination issues (with emphasis on the education)
- culture and social welfare
- applied antiquity and digital culture
- problems in urban environments
- environmental issues